Hey, everyone. Thanks for all of your hard work on Sunday. Thanks for the prayers. God really blessed our service and seems to have stirred peoples' hearts for His worship a bit.

The roster last service was Mark | lead; Daniel | guitar, piano, bass loops, lead; Jenn | violin (!), cello; Nathanael | drums (!). Quite different from the normal, but very good.

We got a lot of positive response from people. I hope someone has made it to you and told you how blessed they are by your service. If not, here you go ... Thank you all for serving. You're a blessing to me, and I pray the Lord blesses you richly in your serving. I hope you get to enjoy the fruit.

Thanks to Jenn for breaking out the violin and being willing to serve with an instrument you're less comfortable on. There are great things to be had with the violin going forward. And thanks to Nathanael who held his own with the percussion. Quite the job. Y'all encourage him.

MUSIC NOTES | ...

Here are the tracks from the service. We only got the end of Prince Of Peace. Oops.


O Church Arise was pretty solid, although people still seem to be learning it, so keep it in the hopper. We'll probably be doing it again soon.

I really like what the violin was adding in the way of texture. Not just the leads in the turnaround and other places, but also throughout the songs. Y'all let me know what you think.

Again, beautiful violin solo leading into Agnus Dei. I took to long transition and should have played more to undergird the violin. I hear that people sang this one well, so good.

I like how the snare rang on How Great Is Our God better than the muting of it in O Church Arise. No fault of Nathanael's. He actually did it both ways on purpose. Albert was sitting in the congregation and said he couldn't pick out the snare well, so we'll want to pursue more clarity with the drums.

Comment on your thoughts, even if you didn't play.

TECH NOTES | ...

We need to be careful that the signal strength going to the recording isn't too strong. I think the recording clipped in a lot of places. With our adjustment to how we run the main bus level, and in conjunction with that, getting more signal from the individual channels, we're pushing more to the sub mixes as well. So really watch that meter on the recording software.

Also, I want to try using compression on the violin next time we use it. That will help smooth its tone which will be especially beneficial when it just acting as texture.

Thats it.

On one final note, I would ask y'all to keep me in your prayers as I'll be leading the congregation for the next 5 weeks. And be in prayer for Mark as he prepares to leave for China for a month.

Peace.

No comments:

... from worshipmatters.com